15!!

June 7, Ayla turned 15! Every year on her birthday I think of the video we posted of her singing “I’m four years old!” And then I think of the pictures I took of her on the rope swing under the crab tree when she turned 8. 

Ayla is such an enjoyable person. Since Covid quarantine, she and I have done so many things together, this past year and this summer especially. We like to go to the farmers market, art fairs, greenhouses, thrifting, we walk the dogs, sit out on the back porch together, push Otto in the swing, go to Target, go grocery shopping at Woodman’s, get scoops of mint Oreo from Culver’s. I like having conversations with her and like hearing her thoughts on things. 


For her bday I bleached/dyed her hair. She likes watching Brooklyn 99 as a family and LOVES popcorn. This year she really has a style all her own. She loves her baby brother and is so helpful with him. It’s hard to believe we have only a few short years before she is off and on her own. I look forward to see all the places she goes and things she does, but for now I am just enjoying so much the person she is.







Comments

Popular Posts