Downton not downtown...
So, apparently the Grammy's were last night. This post will have nothing to do with that unless it is a reference to Grammy Pammy and/or Mana Sue. :) Besides - um - 2 hour episode of Downton Abbey anyone?! And yes, this is Jake writing this....
Also last night: Ayla and I went to our church's 3rd annual indoor ice skate party. For some reason, this event has become somewhat of a measuring stick of Ayla's growth for me. Year 1 - Ayla screaming, fighting and refusing to put skates on until the very end. Year 2 - Ayla getting skates on just fine and making it around the rink but not really "skating". Year 3 (this year) - she was flat out skating! It didn't hurt that we've actually made it over to a few open skate's this year beforehand, but I'm just proud of the kid - not because she's skating but her determination. Any Dad wants his little girl to have confidence in herself and I guess in some way I'm hoping this is building hers. Well that it helps at least. I mean, if the secret to building a little girls confidence was ice skating I think we'd have to build a few more rinks.
Otherwise Ayla is plugging along well. She is officially reading now - though sometimes she acts like she can't do it. She is still incredibly into art, making crafts and music. Anyway, this is about stuff she does I guess - she is really an amazing kid - just love her thoughts, smiles and quirky routines.
Zeke is still this wonderful, sweet little boy. He has his crabby moments, but honestly that's usually only if he hasn't pooped in a few days and who of us wouldn't be a little crabby if in the same boat? At some point here we're going to have to get more serious about potty training but for now we're just introducing it slowly. Hopefully we can find some other parents to compare their kid to ours and make us feel bad or justified based on where they are at with their kid. Right.
Otherwise (word of the blog) Zeke is plugging along well. Wait, didn't I say that about Ayla? Oh originality! I commented to someone today how Zeke will throughout the day work his way through pretty much all his toys as the day goes along. Meaning he just likes to find something to do and play. Every so often he will ask you to play with him or "go to his room" with him. Playing usually includes flying airplanes, playing baseball, moving trains, looking at a book or putting a CD on - also likes music with his sister. Kid is just awesome. Could listen to him talk all day - the way he phrases and enunciates things.
Ruth and I just made it out for a date last Saturday. Between health challenges for her and other things going on in life as many of you are aware of, it was nice. We went to see the Hobbit - 2 months after it came out. If any of you know how much I (and Ruth) like Middle Earth then you know we must've been busy to not make it to the movie 2 months later haha. But everyone is busy these days I guess.
Otherwise, we are plugging along. Ok, the joke is getting old - and probably never that funny. So, let's wrap it up. We really are a blessed family - thankful for many wonderful friends like you and family - especially our parents - whom we love so much - and love us and their grandkids so well.
May you all be blessed and loved.
Also last night: Ayla and I went to our church's 3rd annual indoor ice skate party. For some reason, this event has become somewhat of a measuring stick of Ayla's growth for me. Year 1 - Ayla screaming, fighting and refusing to put skates on until the very end. Year 2 - Ayla getting skates on just fine and making it around the rink but not really "skating". Year 3 (this year) - she was flat out skating! It didn't hurt that we've actually made it over to a few open skate's this year beforehand, but I'm just proud of the kid - not because she's skating but her determination. Any Dad wants his little girl to have confidence in herself and I guess in some way I'm hoping this is building hers. Well that it helps at least. I mean, if the secret to building a little girls confidence was ice skating I think we'd have to build a few more rinks.
Otherwise Ayla is plugging along well. She is officially reading now - though sometimes she acts like she can't do it. She is still incredibly into art, making crafts and music. Anyway, this is about stuff she does I guess - she is really an amazing kid - just love her thoughts, smiles and quirky routines.
Zeke is still this wonderful, sweet little boy. He has his crabby moments, but honestly that's usually only if he hasn't pooped in a few days and who of us wouldn't be a little crabby if in the same boat? At some point here we're going to have to get more serious about potty training but for now we're just introducing it slowly. Hopefully we can find some other parents to compare their kid to ours and make us feel bad or justified based on where they are at with their kid. Right.
Otherwise (word of the blog) Zeke is plugging along well. Wait, didn't I say that about Ayla? Oh originality! I commented to someone today how Zeke will throughout the day work his way through pretty much all his toys as the day goes along. Meaning he just likes to find something to do and play. Every so often he will ask you to play with him or "go to his room" with him. Playing usually includes flying airplanes, playing baseball, moving trains, looking at a book or putting a CD on - also likes music with his sister. Kid is just awesome. Could listen to him talk all day - the way he phrases and enunciates things.
Ruth and I just made it out for a date last Saturday. Between health challenges for her and other things going on in life as many of you are aware of, it was nice. We went to see the Hobbit - 2 months after it came out. If any of you know how much I (and Ruth) like Middle Earth then you know we must've been busy to not make it to the movie 2 months later haha. But everyone is busy these days I guess.
Otherwise, we are plugging along. Ok, the joke is getting old - and probably never that funny. So, let's wrap it up. We really are a blessed family - thankful for many wonderful friends like you and family - especially our parents - whom we love so much - and love us and their grandkids so well.
May you all be blessed and loved.
Comments