Fall
I noticed this evening that it is dark out at 7:30 pm. Both kids are sleeping in flannel jammies to night- I refuse to turn on the heat. Fall is here. We had a wonderful, very summery summer. Not for any particular reason either. We just spent lots of time outside doing what you should do in the summer- garden (aka. watch the weeds grow around the vegetables in the garden), swing on swings, ride bikes, hang laundry on the line, draw with side walk chalk. I am happy that my kids love to be outside as much as they possibly can. Zeke throws a scream fit every time I carry him in. He screams "no, no nooooooo."
It's been awhile, so here's an update.
Ayla:
Ayla started school! She goes to a preschool/4K program three days a week at a church around the corner from us. What a big girl we have! She has been to school 5 times now and already I hear her singing new songs, using new words, asking new questions. She is so bright... and so tall! it really seemed to me that she had shot up a bit this summer, and then yesterday I decided to have her try on all her pants from last year and not a single pair fit!! She also grew out of the shoes I bought her at the beginning of summer. She has been working very hard at learning to ride her bike (still with training wheel as of yet) She loves to swing- especially on the tire swing Jake made- and run. Jake is teaching her tennis and bought her her own Ayla-sized racket. She is getting rather coordinated. It is fun that now that you can play an actual game of catch with her.
One strong willed little thing. There is not one thing that goes on in our house that she doesn't lend her input and opinion on. We always joke that our family is three adults and one kid.
Zeke:
Mr. Zeke is a walking and talking fool. He is always smiling. Except when he wants to be held by mama and mama puts him down. then he literally throws himself backwards (even on hard floors) and throws and enormous scream fest. Sometimes when the windows are open I wonder what the neighbors must think I am doing to him.
When he hears the front door open, even if he is in the other room he yells "HI!" He knows a lot of words and repeats many others. He says, "up" (I caught him the other day practicing annunciating the "p" on the end of it), down, nigh night, uckey, hot, eat(he signs that one), Ayla ("ayyyy-YA!), mama, dada, thankyou, cracker, car, go, bar-bar (is a dog), now (is a cat), I'm sure there are so many more I can't think of now.
He also makes lots of sound effects including a car, cow, duck, cat, dog, and is starting to know his body parts(he'll point to his fingers, nose, ears and eyes if asked)
He loves books all of a sudden and constantly wants you to read to him.
He is very affectionate and will give you a hug and rub you back or pat you on the head or shoulder, or just lay his head on you. He absolutely ADORES Ayla and will just walk up to her and hug her. This evening while I was getting dinner ready, Jake wasn't home and I put Zeke on the floor and he immediately started to scream. Ayla walked over and hugged him to calm him down and then they just sat there hugging over and over. Darn cutest thing I've ever seen.
Anyway, on to the good stuff. Enjoy!
Comments